THE SAN PEOPLE
'THE SAN PEOPLE'
I have always been intrigued by communities that have survived without the changes that 'progress' has inflicted upon us all. The San and some indigenous groups are fascinating examples of hunter-gatherer cultures. I have attempted to sketch some simple images over the course of one day, but...they were hard won. I did dozens before I could settle on a few I felt had something to offer. Here are today's efforts, hopefully to be developed into a printing project at some point. I simply numbered them 1-7. I love the simplicity of no4. The title of the album that contains them is 'Emergence' because I wanted the figures to 'emerge' from the dessert, like ghostly presences. However, I became disillusioned with the slightly out-of-focus feel ( I kept sketch 2 as an example) and decided to increase the contrast and definition. I have used painter, photoshop elements and pic sketch apps over physical pastel drawings. Thank you for the loan of the book G.
I have always been intrigued by communities that have survived without the changes that 'progress' has inflicted upon us all. The San and some indigenous groups are fascinating examples of hunter-gatherer cultures. I have attempted to sketch some simple images over the course of one day, but...they were hard won. I did dozens before I could settle on a few I felt had something to offer. Here are today's efforts, hopefully to be developed into a printing project at some point. I simply numbered them 1-7. I love the simplicity of no4. The title of the album that contains them is 'Emergence' because I wanted the figures to 'emerge' from the dessert, like ghostly presences. However, I became disillusioned with the slightly out-of-focus feel ( I kept sketch 2 as an example) and decided to increase the contrast and definition. I have used painter, photoshop elements and pic sketch apps over physical pastel drawings. Thank you for the loan of the book G.






Comments
Post a Comment
Your comments are my way of improving this discourse, so thank you in advance.