RHYME AND REASON




'IMPLODE'
Cutting and reconstructing a painting. 20th October 2015

What was the point and the reason  for cutting up a painting to simply experiment and reconstruct it, so that it looks as if it is 'imploding' onto itself? I am still doggedly pursuing the interplay of image and surface. These works are risky and potentially lead down a dead-end.  Somehow though I am compelled to do them. I could be doing so many different things, and one could argue that this is not going anywhere fast....But somehow, there is a challenge in these things.  It is the physicality of them that is the interesting bit.  Cutting up a photocopy is quite something else. No, it is in the actual physical act and the resulting life-size, solid wooden artefact that the surprise and the unpredictable nature of the thing lies. 

Maybe I should stop and maybe I should carry on.  I will sleep on it.


















Comments

  1. Wow, whats that yin/yang face in the background of the last photo?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Your comments are my way of improving this discourse, so thank you in advance.

Popular posts from this blog

The Knight, Death and the Devil

The Light in the Darkness installations.